Thursday, 22 March 2012

Friends

I have learned the value of friendship in the last couple of weeks. Well really, in the last year or so, but in the last couple of weeks I have noticed it the most for some reason.
For example, like I said in a previous blog entry, I took forever to start this blog, and then I did because my friend Sonnikins started a blog and it made me inspired to as well.  And she started this photography blog game that I am finding myself looking forward to all the time, which is forcing me to be creative and inspired in ways I haven't been since uni!  i am ever so grateful for this!
On the flip side, I have really found taht there are some people in my life who really don't add value to it at all, who have made me act less and less like my true self, care about things i have never really cared about and all in all, made me realise that they arent really friends because they have never been there for me.  And now that I have figured that out, I have stopped trying to be friends with these people and have actually found that I am happier, calmer, and even more like myself than ever before!  The first step was to remove them from my newsfeed on facebook, because that just caused jealousy and anger and annoyance.  And then, I just stopped making the effort.
So easy.
and then, there are people who are no longer friends of mine who used to be such close friends, and for whatever reason, life, location, etc, we are no longer friends, except in the facebook stalker realm.  It makes me bitterly sad, because I miss so many of these people. 
so my advice is to try and identify the people in your life who actually add to it, who inspire you or who make you feel better or all the normal friend stuff, and eliminate the people who are actually not really friends - the ones who make you feel like you aren't good enough, or not dressed correctly, or not wearing enough fake tan... It is hard sometimes to actually notice the difference, so allow it to take some time. 
And, I am hoping for yor sake, that it isn't too late for yourself to rescue some friendships that may end up being completely abandoned accidentally.  Because those friends are the ones that can leave a larger gap in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment