Thursday, 12 April 2012

Time

Time is something that no human really ever manages well.  This is what I imagine at least anyway.  Obviously, there are people out there who would manage their time well - they probably have the perfect life balance that we all strive for, and they use their time as best as they can.
But, the average general population probably don't.  If I am hazarding a correct guess.
I am speculating about this today because this week is the first week in my LIFE where I feel that perhaps I have actually used my time the best.  And it therefore has got me thinking about time.
The first aspect that I think about is my 'free time'.  The time I have to myself in which I have a sky's limit amount of things I can do.  And, with this time, I usually do very little.  Each day that I have a day off I feel hopeful and optimistic, yet at 1:00 in the afternoon I am still sitting on the couch in my pyjamas, thinking that I should probably do something.  But at the same time, with the adage 'time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time' lingering in my head, I continue watching whichever TV show I have glued myself to that day, and decide that I am happy doing so and why stop?
And this happens every opportunity I get.  To just blob and do nothing, because when i am at work, I am busy. 
But lately I have realised that the time when I have been at work or doing things such as the dishes or photo editing or choreographing, I have been more satisfied and I actually enjoy when I have things scheduled in, rather than feeling bitter about having my free time taken away from me.
But in saying that, I have just sat on the couch for an hour and a half doing basically nothing..... If you do nothing, nothing will happen....
And so, I will remove my snuggie and go and tidy the house.....

No comments:

Post a Comment